4City Consulting Projects
- Canal bank stabilization project phase I - Led the design team, public outreach, and construction management of a project consisting of installing a stacked geoweb system, resulting in a stable, sustainable and more effective canal system.
- Engineering services - Served as Public Works Director while position was vacant. Responsible for managing the capital improvement program and maintaining, permitting and inspecting all activities in the right of way including streets, sidewalks, stormwater utilities, and waterways.
- Administrative services - Served as Chief of Administration while key staff member was on leave. Responsible for managing procurement, IT, grants administration, planning, and general administration.
- Streetlight LED conversion program - Managed the evaluation, procurement and implementation of a LED streetlight conversion program, which converted 915 streetlights to the new technology. As a result, a total of 450,000 KWh less will be consumed every year, which is equivalent to taking 72 cars off the road.
- Lake Sarah drainage project - Managed the design and construction oversight of drainage and roadway improvement project.
- Strategic plan performance metric development and platform implementation - Manage the implementation of the strategic plan by defining initiatives in a consistent way, develop specific, measurable, achievable, result-focused, time-bound (S.M.A.R.T) metrics to track performance, and select and implement platform to communicate the strategic plan to staff, elected officials, and the public.
- Adaptive traffic signal technology - Evaluate adaptive traffic signal technology for a congested thoroughfare, and coordinate its implementation with the county system.
- FDOT safe routes to school - Manage the FDOT funded project to complete a 1.5 mile shared path route between Miami Lakes Middle School and Miami Lakes Elementary School.
- Complete street implementation of Business Park East - Lead the design process by evaluating different scenarios based on their technical efficacy and economic impact, and manage the public engagement process. Re-development of Business Park East.
- 59th Ave. Connectivity and Redevelopment Project- Leading the visioning process, finding and applying for funding sources, negotiating land acquisition, managing the design process and construction of bridge and adjacent streets of the area. For more information on this project, see Miami Laker Article: $3.6 Million Grant To Improve Town Interconnectivity and Provide for Multimodal Transportation
Past Project Experience
- Miracle Mile Streetscape Project - This project provides a cohesive pedestrian-friendly experience with wider sidewalks, garden areas, outdoor dining, improved lighting, wayfinding, and public art. Led the City’s approval process for the special assessment needed to fund the approximately $24M project. Gathered support from the Business Improvement District, Chamber of Commerce, and the specially benefited property owners through numerous presentation and visioning workshops. Managed the design process, from conceptual design, through design development and construction drawings, to contract award.
- Tree Succession Plan - Supervised the creation of a comprehensive tree succession plan that replaces about 3,000 dead, sick and missing trees. It evaluates inventory of existing trees and identifies location for trees that needed replacement or were missing. The project will enhance the tree canopy making leisurely strolls more pleasant.
- The Plaza Coral Gables (previously Mediterranean Village) - Led the City’s team that enhanced the $500M+ mixed use private development project by ensuring that the applicant funded improvements to neighborhood streets, bicycle friendly roads, extended trolley hours to provide access to their development, LEED or green sustainable equivalent buildings plus enhanced sidewalks and public parks.
- Bike Master Plan - Provided oversight for the development of a Bike Master Plan proposing more than 27 miles of new or improved bikeways, sidewalks and crosswalks. It recommends a comprehensive expansion of bike infrastructure that will appeal to all types of users. As people increasingly choose to use a bicycle as a mode of transportation, vehicular traffic is reduced, balancing the transportation system and contributing to a more vibrant and livable City.
- Sustainability Master Plan - Guided the process of developing a master plan that prioritizes initiatives for the next 10 years and provides a roadmap to make the city a more sustainable and resilient community.
- System implementation - Managed the implementation of permit system, Web QA, and mobile app implementation by designing customer-centered system processes